Layaway Sales – Partially Paid Order
What’s a Layaway – Partially Paid Order
A Layaway / Partially Paid order is a sale that allows you to take a deposit from a customer for an order, set the order aside, and allow customer to pay it off at a later date
On ConnectPOS, there are 2 ways to create a layaway order:
- Customer have yet to pay for any amount, and will pay the full amount on later date.
- Customer has paid the order partially, and will pay the rest on later date.
Enable / Disable Layaway sales on ConnectPOS
Of course, depends on your store policies, a layaway sale might not be allowed. By default ConnectPOS enabled this feature, so if you wish to disable this feature, please follow these steps:
- Login on ConnectPOS.
- Click on Setting > POS Setting > Checkout.
- Find “Allow Partial (Layaway) Payment” setting, and toggle it grey to disable the feature.
- Toggle the setting to green if you wish to enable the feature.
- Click on “Save” to update your configuration.
Create a Layaway / Partial Sale
To create a Layaway / Partial Sale, please follow these steps:
- Open ConnectPOS Sell Screen.
- Add the items to cart.
- Make sure to add a customer to cart.
- Click on “Pay“.
Now 2 scenarios can occurs:
- If user want pay the complete amount on later date, simply click on “Partial” button without selecting any payment method.
- If, instead, user want to pay the order partially, then pay the rest on later date, select a payment method, change paying amount, then click on “Partial“. The “Remain” number will be the remaining payment amount customer has to pay on later date.
On both scenarios, the “Order Success” screen will appears after clicking on “Partial“. You can print a receipt for the customer, or click on “New Order” to create another sale.
Complete payment for Layaway / Partial Sale – Add Payment
As shown above, for Layaway / Partial order, customer will finish the payment on later date. To complete payment for these orders, please follow these steps:
- Open the Side Menu, then click on “Order List“.
- Find and click on the Layaway / Partial order.
- On the right section, click on “Add Payment“. The “Add Payment” screen will appears.
- Select a payment method to the payment. Please note that you can still edit this amount, in case customer wishes to pay partially again.
- Click on “Complete” to finish the adding payment process.