It’s only 2 days until New Year. It’s now high time everyone in general and retailers in particular wrote a New Year’s resolution for a more successful 2021. And if you’re still unsure about what to include in your New Year’s resolution, here is our suggestion: Adopting a POS system for your business. As a business owner, a POS is your extremely supportive ‘side-kick’ to ensure frictionless operations. So in today’s article, we’ll present you with the top 5 POS systems for furniture & homeware for a fruitful 2021.
ConnectPOS is a leading POS software for omnichannel retail businesses. It makes into the list of top POS systems for furniture & homeware thanks to its powerful mechanism and plethora of features. The POS runs well on multiple devices. No matter whether you’re using desktops, laptops (macOS, Windows), or mobile devices including smartphones and tablets (iOS, Android), you all can integrate your system with ConnectPOS.
Additionally, ConnectPOS is favorable thanks to its fraction of the price while still ensuring essential POS features. ConnectPOS offers a 14-day free trial, and if you’re satisfied with what you get, then you can subscribe for a plan. The pricing plans, appearing right on the website, are simple and straightforward with no hidden fees. Retailers can start with the Standard plan at US$49 per month if you pay monthly or US$39 per month if you pay annually. Even better, there is also a Custom plan so that retailers can customize their own POS. With that, you can “DIY” your own POS system that suits both your needs and your pocket.
Key features making ConnectPOS stand out as a great POS system for furniture & homeware:
Flexible order fulfillment options
- Click-and-collect: In ConnectPOS, merchants can directly activate click-and-collect right in the POS to make a particular outlet become a picking location. Once the feature is enabled, customers can make orders and choose the outlet they want to pick their purchase up on their own.
- Home delivery: It’s easy to add, update, and remove shipment in ConnectPOS.
- On-hold order (draft order): This feature is handy when something interrupts an order processing. It allows you to save and retrieve that order. From a draft order, you could add items, discount so the order could be completed without the need of entering all of that information again.
- Wish list: Some customers may want to experience the products in-store and purchase online later. You can help them save time and make sure they won’t forget anything, or in other words, you lose a sales chance, by sending the cart to their wish list.
Multi-store and multi-warehouse inventory management
With this functionality, retailers can:
- Create new stores and assign warehouses to each store.
- Control stock levels at each outlet and warehouse.
- Enable stock transfer between stores and warehouses directly in POS.
- Have all the inventory data synchronized in real-time across multiple outlets and warehouses.
Integration with e-commerce platforms
ConnectPOS integrates with multiple leading e-commerce platforms including Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce. Additionally, the integration with WooCommerce has just recently gone live. This is to ensure frictionless, safe, and profitable business operations.
Being on the list of favorable POS systems for furniture & homeware, Vend POS is a cloud-based POS system that promises to help streamline operations, boost efficiency, and improve sales performance. Vend POS is compatible with multiple devices, meaning it can work well on PCs (Windows, macOS) and mobile devices (iOS, Android). The Android-based POS has been made available by Vend recently.
On the website, Vend POS providers audiences with pricing plans in 7 currencies. At its core, business owners and operators can consider among 3 plans that Vend POS offers including Lite at US$99, Pro at US$129, or get a quote of the Enterprise plan.
Key features supporting furniture & homeware retail:
The loyalty package of Vend POS is remarkable. It empowers merchants to import existing customers via a CSV file. Additionally, business owners and operators can easily add new customers to a list, store their information under a unique profile. This facilitates better marketing strategies.
Vend POS also allows you to create branded gift cards and loyalty cards. With that, retailers are able to offer more payment options and minimize issuing refunds by giving store credits.
Integration with e-commerce platforms
There was a time that Vend POS built its own in-house e-commerce solution. Now it only integrates with third-party e-commerce platforms which are WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Shopify. However, bear in mind that e-commerce integration is only available in the Pro and Enterprise plans.
- Manage stock in multiple channels comprehensively
- Centrally manage the product catalog.
- Transfer merchandise across multiple stores.
- Properly count and reconcile inventory using mobile stock-taking.
- Strengthen the relationship with customers
- Quickly gather customer information.
- Ensure the uniformity and integrity of the loyalty database across outlets.
- Make personalization by grouping and segmenting the customer database.
- Manage and motivate employees across your entire organization
- Create staff roles and give permissions or restrictions to certain actions (i.e. applying discounts, adjust reports, etc.) according to each role.
- Set sales targets to motivate your employees.
- Keep track of sales performance of each staff and in each shift with a robust reporting system.
Lightspeed Retail POS
Lightspeed Retail POS is a cloud-based POS system. It prides itself on the “library” of integrations. Retailers can find a huge quantity of integrations in Lightspeed POS to build and enrich their POS systems. This POS is suitable for retailers in different industries but it stands out as a great POS for furniture & homeware. Lightspeed Retail POS can work well on multiple platforms including PC-based (macOS, Windows) and iOS-based mobile devices.
Lightspeed Retail POS has 5 pricing plans, which makes it more flexible and convenient for merchants. The plans include Basic, Starter, Standard, Advanced, and Pro. You can start at US$69 per month with the Basic plan and have some most basic features. If you wish for more functionalities, you might want to upgrade your plan.
Key features securing Lightspeed’s position as one of the greatest POS systems for furniture & homeware:
Merchants can optimize their restocking process in Lightspeed Retail POS. Well-functioning inventory software will help assess inventory levels easily, place orders timely, and manage stock in one place.
- Set a low-stock alarm so that when your inventory reaches the reorder points, you know it’s time to order more.
- Get a comprehensive report for both your physical and online stores.
- Manage suppliers properly to source from multiple vendors for multiple stores at once with master orders.
Omnichannel loyalty program
Lightspeed Retail POS loyalty program facilitates the omnichannel experience for both sellers and buyers. Regardless of where customers are shopping, retailers can always track customers’ loyalty profiles from one dashboard.
- Build a tier-based loyalty program.
- Decide on the type of buyers to send a promo. They are those who bought online, in-store, or everyone.
- Personalize offers by sending custom one-time deals on birthdays or to VIP shoppers.
- Customize emails with all the tools you need.
Flexible payment options
This POS allows retailers to receive all common payment methods and ensure the security of the transactions.
- Allow all kinds of transaction forms including swipe, dip, or tap of every credit, debit, and gift card.
- Minimize fraud and human errors with payment integration.
- Sign up to get an EMV-compatible terminal.
- Secure your transactions with a PCI-compliant payment processing system.
Hike POS is a cloud-based system that was founded in Australia. This POS software is versatile and user-friendly. That’s why it can fulfill the needs and demands of almost any retail store, including furniture & homeware stores. HikePOS is compatible with multiple devices including PC (macOS, Windows) and mobile devices (iOS, Android). Hike primarily developed its mobile POS as an iPad app. However, recently, the app has been made available to download on Google Play for business owners who are Android lovers.
You can take advantage of a free 14-day trial. After that, if you want to proceed, Hike POS offers 3 pricing plans coming with some available add-ons.
Key features making Hike POS into the top POS systems for furniture & homeware:
Hike POS optimizes the inventory database for a convenient yet proper inventory management system.
- Create multiple variants of their products based on color, material, etc.
- Assign a unique SKU to each product to keep track of its stock level at any time.
- Add unlimited products.
- Generate full or partial stock-takes.
- Update in real-time.
- Add new stores or registers. This feature makes it so much easier for retailers to scale up as their businesses grow. Adding new outlets, cash registers, users, or products are at the fingertips.
- Manage more than 100 stores. Whether you’re operating 1 single store or a chain of outlets, you can always find proper assistance from Hike POS.
- Manage separate inventory for each and every outlet.
Integration with e-commerce platforms
Hike POS gives you all the tools you need to operate your retail businesses. The POS integrates with some of the most common e-commerce platforms in the industry including Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce.
QuickBooks POS is a feature-rich POS system developed by Intuit. The brand itself is well-known as one of the leaders when it comes to accounting solution providers. It’s suitable for retail and restaurant owners. In terms of retail, Quickbooks appears to be on the list of the top POS systems for furniture & homeware retail. This POS is only compatible with Windows systems. Other than PC-based devices, it can also run on the MS Surface Pro 4 tablet.
In terms of pricing plans, unlike most of the other POS systems, Quickbooks offers a full license purchase option. This kind of one-time purchase makes Quickbooks POS appears seemingly expensive. However, once you purchase, you never need to worry about a monthly fee.
Latest payment options
With Quickbooks, retailers can offer their customers many payment methods including the latest contactless and mobile payments, like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Receive mobile payments, tap-to-pay, and EMV credit and debit cards using 1 system only.
- Have various flexible payment plans with competitive rates to select from.
- Ensure the security and transparency of transactions including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- Integrate with QuickBooks financial software for frictionless and accurate accounting work.
Integration with e-commerce platforms
QuickBooks POS integrates with various e-commerce platforms to efficiently operate your entire operation. With that being so, you can expand your retail business to the digital space thanks to robust e-commerce functionalities:
- A single central dashboard that displays all of the online and offline sales data.
- Real-time synchronization in inventory, sales, and customer data.
- Partnership with leading shopping carts and popular online marketplaces.
Multichannel inventory management
- Identify best sellers, slow-movers, and dead stock for better inventory plans.
- Prevent selling already out-of-stock products with automatic inventory updates.
- Keep track of details such as vendor, department, style, size, color, etc. with a breeze.
- Identify sales trends by reviewing accurate, advanced reports.
- Optimize inventory levels across multiple stores and multiple warehouses.
In a nutshell
2021 is already around the corner, we hope that with today’s article, you have formed a picture of how your ideal POS system looks like. And if you haven’t yet, then how about taking a look at our suggestion? ConnectPOS, a leading cloud-based POS for omnichannel retail, prides itself on up-to-date technologies and a wealth of meaningful features. Want to dive deeper into how this POS can benefit your business? Book your 14-day completely free trial below to immediately experience a world-class product. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact now for further assistance from the 24/7 customer support team!
►►► See our products: Magento POS, BigCommerce POS, Shopify POS, Woocommerce POS, Restaurant POS, NetSuite POS, Thailand POS, South Africa POS and Commercetools POS
Write a comment