The chances of selling plants online are large, but knowing how to sell plants online can be tricky. Yet, you do not have to sweat over it. Here are steps to a leafy success for your store.
Source the plants for your shop
Selling plants is impossible until you get the right plants for sale. Account for the following factors in this step:
- What plants will you sell?
- Who will be the supplier of these plants?
- How much can you afford to purchase the plants?
- How trustworthy do you want the supplier to be?
- The number of resources and the amount of time you plan to exert into cultivating and maintaining plants?
Pick the place to sell plants online
This step is important in your process regarding how to sell plants online. You can choose from some options. For example, establish your shop on BigCommerce, Shopify, or other reliable platforms. Another option is choosing an online marketplace, for example, eBay. Also, Facebook and other social media channels can be a good way of getting new customers because people spend plenty of their time there.
Showcase the plants
How to sell plants online? Make the plants sound and appear amazing to draw in interest and lead to sales. Be sure you create good product descriptions and photos for showcasing the plants digitally effectively.
Price your plants reasonably
Account for the following elements in this step:
- What are shoppers willing to spend for your plants?
- What do other companies out there sell the comparable (or same) plants for?
- How much time do you spend on this business?
- How much do you have to pay for the plants? What is the cost of growing them?
- How much does your store cost to operate (promotion, website, and so on)?
Set up your business as a part of how to sell plants online
Based on which place you choose to sell, there are specific steps you should take at this stage. For example, if you choose the marketplace, you should go to the selected marketplace site and create an account. After that, set up your shop and upload the plant products. Also, fill out the necessary specifics such as payment information, the name of the shop, and so on.
You highly likely need a POS in combination with your physical stores. In this case, be sure to reach ConnectPOS, a leading POS provider, for support.
Package and deliver the plants
In this step on how to sell plants online, account for:
- How do you plan to package the products?
- How quickly do you desire to deliver your products to purchasers?
- What couriers satisfy your demands?
Invest in marketing to reach more customers
For example, if you build an online store, you can do the following things to increase your web traffic:
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Increasing traffic via social media content or advertising
In conclusion, hopefully, you have a better idea of how to sell plants online now. For more useful advice, call us.