Magento is the leading eCommerce platform built on open source technology. This platform greatly empowers merchants to streamline retail business and develop a competitive shopping experience. With various powerful extensions, the Magento platform is recorded to win a bigger share in the retail industry and dominate the eCommerce market.
As of June 2021, there are more than 250 000 dynamic eCommerce stores empowered by the Magento platform, which account for about 12% of the total number of online stores. To create such an outstanding platform, Magento has now been developed by more than 150000 innovators in the back-end. These innovators also take responsibility to support Magento users with every possible issue that arises during the eCommerce process in their stores.
In fact, Magento is able to facilitate retail businesses of all sizes with thousands of items. Merchants are provided with a variety of plugins and themes to create their own customer journey. Also, this platform enables merchants to adopt extensions from third parties to better operate their businesses.
Some highlight eCommerce websites empowered by Magento platforms are:
- Helly Hansen – a sportswear brand in Norway who reports their total revenue in 2019 at more than $650 million.
- Sigma Beauty – a beauty and cosmetics company in the UK
- Ford Motor Company
- Liverpool FC online store
- Vizio – one of the biggest TV and audio equipment manufacturers
- Nestle Nespresso
- The car brand Jaguar
- Coca Cola
There are two basic Magento editions offered by Magento platforms, both of which are built with many helpful identical features.
The Magento Community Edition is provided freely and retailers can be downloaded to build their stores right away. However, since this edition only includes primary features, it may not be able to handle complex problems in large-scale retail stores. Instead, this is a perfect option for newly established retailers to experiment with the eCommerce market and take their very first steps to build their Magento stores.
The Magento Enterprise Edition is a paid edition. The price for this Magento edition ranges from $22.000 to $125.000 depending on the gross sales revenue of participating retail stores. Usually, large-scale retailers with many demanding requirements will choose this option because of its wider range of advanced features and customizations. Also, the price for Enterprise edition includes expenses for security updates, special features and exclusive product enhancements.
Magento basic features
There are some basic features of Magento that provided in both Magento editions
- Simplicity: Magento is a user-friendly eCommerce platform that enables every business owner to set up their online stores without knowing much about technology.
- Flexibility: Magento platform supports their merchants to create their own eCommerce stores with particular requirements by providing them various plugins and extensions.
- Product and Categories management: Magento merchants can monitor and adjust their products and categories easily.
- Unlimited products: Magento allows their merchants to sell as many products as they wish and also help them with monthly financing options to fit your budget.
- User management: Merchants can assign and manage user roles as well as permissions from their back end.
- Data management: With the Magento platform, merchants can ensure that all their data will be stored in their system.
ConnectPOS extension – a robust solution for a greater Magento store
ConnectPOS is a feature-rich POS system that can be compatible with every Magento edition and version. This POS solution guarantees Magento retailers that all of their data related to sales, inventory management, and customers will be constantly synchronized in real-time. Hence, retailers can closely monitor all operating activities and timely address as well as handle possible issues.
Moreover, with ConnectPOS, Magento merchants can enhance their customer satisfaction with various modern and convenient shopping options such as buy online pick up in-store, make purchases with different payment methods from cash to card, self-checkout by using PWA App, and so on.
ECommerce business is an emerging trend in the retail industry and predicted to develop even more vigorously in the future. Choosing a reliable and outstanding supporter such as Magento platform will help you keep up with this new wave.
When it comes to a successful retail business, the POS system is also a major dominant in the modern market. Being a leading POS solution, ConnectPOS expects that we can accompany more and more store owners to realize your dreams. Don’t hesitate to contact us today!