We all know WooCommerce to be the world’s most popular eCommerce hosting platform, with over 36% of all eCommerce sites hosted on this service. With the recent boom of online selling, WooCommerce stores might be dissuaded from more traditional brick-and-mortar businesses. But your customers might disagree, seeing as though some of the top retailers like Walmart and Ikea have figured out the best way to increase sales is to maximize their offline and online sales channels.
So, if you are running a WooCommerce business with a brick-and-mortar store, offering a few simple offline checkout features can lead to a drastic 37% increase in customers for your business. A straightforward solution to achieve this level of success is to have a WooCommerce POS Offline Mode. Here’s why you should consider offline capabilities for your online store and what are some of the best POS solutions on the market right now.
What is POS Offline Mode Support?
You’re not alone if you’re wondering what it means to have POS Offline Mode Support for your WooCommerce store. Most traditional POS systems do not have offline mode capabilities and require a constant Ethernet connection. With Offline Mode Support, your POS system can operate with zero Internet connection and offer many quality-of-life features for customers and retailers. Some benefits to having POS software with Offline Mode function include:
- Flexibility For Sales: The ability to conduct sales with an Internet connection means you can conduct business anywhere. This opens up possibilities for impromptu pop-up stores, curb-side pickups, or offline events like exhibitions.
- Seamless Checkout Process: WooCommerce stores with no offline checkout process for their physical sales channels will waste time on order management and customer service. On the other hand, an Offline checkout POS will save every order, including customers’ info, so you don’t have to input offline purchases for your business manually.
- Better Inventory Management: Running an offline sales channel can quickly become a mess if you don’t have an inventory management system that syncs your online store and physical sales. Manually inputting inventory changes is prone to human errors, which can only be solved with an automated system.
Therefore, WooCommerce stores with Offline-friendly POS systems have a significant competitive advantage. In the interest of WooCommerce retailers everywhere, we have compiled a list of top WooCommerce POS Offline on the market today in this article. Check them out!
ConnectPOS is one of the best WooCommerce POS offline plugins in terms of its feature set. Physical stores have better conversion rates than online stores, in large part because of a more personalized purchasing experience for customers. ConnectPOS brings many customer-facing features to your offline sales channel, features that are often online-only for traditional POS systems.
- Offline Mode: ConnectPOS has an offline mode that allows you to conduct sales without being connected to the internet. ConnectPOS’s offline mode is not limited to hardware and can be deployed on virtually any electronic device such as a phone, tablet, or monitor.
- Offline Inventory Management: The software sync your inventory in physical and online sales channels. You can keep track of stock-outs, damaged products, discounts, overstocks, and even see which products are about to run out.
- Offline Self-Checkout: With the ConnectPOS PWA consumer app, customers can perform self-checkout while in offline mode.
- Payment Methods: ConnectPOS is integrated with multi-currency, accepts multiple transaction types, and saves the customer’s currency preference for later purchases. In addition, ConnectPOS supports various payment options, including secure credit card payment with card readers, Google Pay, AliPay, and more.
- Automated Reports: ConnectPOS provides detailed sales reports about sales data, customer trends, and more.
- Customer Management: A fully integrated customer solution on the ConnectPOS lets you keep up with your customer service. You can read up on their orders, make changes to the orders, and even collect information for new customers on the spot.
- ConnectPOS has 3 annual subscription packages: Standard ($39/month), Advance ($69/month), and Premium ($89/month).
- Interested in customizations? Feel free to contact [email protected]
- The support team is available 24 hours a day via email, phone, and live chat.
- It integrates with Zettle by PayPal, Moneris, Payment Express, Tyro, Cardknox, Authorize.net, and PayPal Here.
- ConnectPOS supports all eCommerce platforms, including WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce.
#2. Hike POS
Hike POS is a WooCommerce POS plugin with essential functions to cover your needs. An easy-to-use interface provides powerful yet simple features perfect for beginners or experts.
- WooCommerce POS Offline Mode: You can view and access your dashboard from different devices without being online.
- Payment: Hike POS offers payment integration to many different third-party payment gateways, which is helpful for small businesses that would like to take advantage of the growing acceptance of cryptocurrency payments.
- Inventory: You can keep track of product catalogs, profiles, sales, inventory, orders, etc.
- Several monthly plans are available for Hike POS, starting at 59 USD. You can try the program for 14 days for free before you buy it.
- Live chat 24/7 on the website.
- Visit the support portal.
- Submit a ticket.
- It is compatible with WooCommerce.
- Hike POS integrates sales reports from the in-store and online channels.
Lightspeed is a great WooCommerce POS plugin that supports offline mode. It’s powerful, scalable, and includes everything you need to quickly deploy a new retail location or expand your existing storefront.
- It has offline support for brick-and-mortar retailers.
- The system includes a tablet-based app, an online store builder, multi-store support, inventory management, multi-lingual support, and more.
- Online and offline transactions can be processed with Lightspeed, which supports credit/debit, gift cards, and loyalty cards.
- The premium version starts at 149 USD/year with a 30-day refund policy.
- Support via chat, email, and phone 24/7 with experts.
- Lightspeed integrates with Lightspeed partners (AVO Sales Tax, Accumula, etc.)
WooPOS is an open-source POS system for WooCommerce. It lets you manage all your inventory, customer information, and orders in one central location.
- WooPOS offers an offline mode, allowing you to use your POS system even offline.
- The plugin also has an editor for changing product names, descriptions, and other functionalities.
- It supports transactions with card readers, cash registers, barcode scanners, magnet cards, and eCommerce gateway integrations.
- WooPOS supports multi-language and easy translation.
- The free version of WooCommerce POS comes with limited functionalities, while the premium version begins at 129 USD per year and features several different features.
- You can send a support form to the website.
- WooPOS integrates with WordPress using the REST API, allowing you to integrate it into your existing theme or website easily.
- The plugin also has integrated payment processing with Stripe and sales management features like coupons and reports.
WooCommerce POS offline mode dramatically affects how you run your omnichannel store. They optimize your work and offer a more streamlined experience while offering you a full range of capabilities of a WooCommerce plugin. If you’re looking for a way to grow your online and physical presence simultaneously, ConnectPOS has proven itself time after time.