Holidays are a time when shopping demand spikes, and that’s why holiday POS is essential for every merchant.
POF systems today do a lot more than just making money. You can run your entire business with the help of these solutions by keeping track of inventories and workers, gaining customer loyalty programs, using email marketing tools, etc. In this article, we’ll introduce the most effective holiday POS approaches during the peak shopping season below.
ConnectPOS – Solutions for the seamless shopping experience
ConnectPOS is known for its professional support team, which is an ideal point for a holiday POS. The supporters are available 24/7 and always ready to help customers.
They offer monthly or yearly payments with 3 levels:
- Standard: $39/mo (paid annually) or $49/mo (paid monthly)
- Advanced: $69/mo (paid annually) or $79/mo (paid monthly)
- Premium: $89/mo (paid annually) or $99/mo (paid monthly)
- A 14-day free trial with no credit card required.
- There are options for both online and offline operations. It also works with PCs (Windows and macOS) and mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- The real-time data synchronization functions well. Your inventory and POS system for orders and stock are linked.
- When consumers are in-store, AI Facial Recognition displays their buying history to provide better suggestions.
- Multi-store and multi-warehouse management are simple, allowing for limitless options. In a single bill, you can select several warehouses.
Square – Simple holiday POS
One of the most popular POS in festival time is Square POS. They’re everywhere at the store, the farmer’s market, pop-up store, or food truck.
Without a monthly fee, Square POS offers straightforward transaction costs (for the most part):
- 2.6% plus $0.10 for tapped, dipped, and swiped payments.
- 3.5% plus $0.15 for keyed-in and card-on-file payments.
- 2.5% plus $0.10 for payments made with a Square Register (bought before August 20, 2019).
- It’s free to get started, simple to use, and packed with valuable features. These advantages make Square an excellent alternative for young business owners who want basic yet strong capabilities right away.
- It’s about flexibility. You can transform any device, such as a smartphone or tablet, into a point-of-sale system without purchasing any additional hardware.
- Square allows you to issue invoices, handle staff shifts and timecards, and manage numerous locations, as well as provide extensive data and analytics.
Lightspeed – Keep track of inventory
Depending on the scale of your business, you may pick from five distinct pricing points:
- Basic — $79 per month ($69 billed annually)
- Starter — $119 per month ($99 billed annually): The ability to link your accounting software begins with the Standard plan, while eCommerce integration begins with this package.
- Standard — $139 per month ($119 billed annually)
- Advanced — $189 per month ($169 billed annually)
- Pro — $259 per month ($229 billed annually): This package is the only way to get analytics. You’ll need to upgrade to the Advanced plan if you want to run customer loyalty programs.
- Create different sizes, colors, and materials for your products.
- Combine products to sell as a set.
- Inventory levels and SKUs may be tracked in different places.
- Up to 10,000 objects can be imported.
- Discounts can be automated.
- Keep track of your unit expenses.
- Be aware of upcoming purchasing trends.
Shopify – Popular for retail stores
Shopify has established itself as a leading web-based point-of-sale platform in the retail industry. Over 1 million corporate clients use the company’s eCommerce, Amazon marketplace, and point-of-sale services globally.
- Basic Shopify – $29 per month: 2.7% for in-person transactions 2 employee accounts.
- Shopify – $79 a month: For in-person transactions, the fee is 2.5%. There are five accounts for employees. POS PINs for all employees are unlimited. 1 to 5 retail locations.
- Advanced Shopify – $299 per month: For in-person transactions, the rate is 2.4%. Accounts for 15 employees. POS PINs for all employees are unlimited. There are up to 8 retail locations available.
- Shopify is a holiday POS that is simple to set up and extremely configurable for small businesses, with the ability to expand up as the company grows.
- It offers affordable basic subscription and processing fees, a Pro BulletFree 14-day trial, and Pro BulletRobust eCommerce tools.
- Shopify is a point-of-sale system that can handle both online and in-store transactions.
Vend – Suitable for service industry
Vend, unlike other POS systems on the market today, is a cloud-only POS solution. They don’t provide any on-site server setup, which is fantastic for small businesses but a bit restrictive for larger businesses.
Vend POS plans and pricing:
- Lite — $119 per month (or $99 billed annually): It has a monthly turnover cap of $20,000 per month. You’ll be promoted to the Pro plan if you go above this limit three times in a 12-month period.
- Pro — $159 per month (or $129 billed annually): It offers added features like eCommerce channels, advanced analytics and reporting, gift cards, multi-outlet retail management, and API access.
There is only one register in both Lite and Pro. Additional registers are $59 per month on a monthly basis or $49 per month on a yearly basis.
- Vend Enterprise allows larger organizations to request for a bespoke solution. But it is ideal for small retail establishments with only one register.
- With a 14-day trial, you may try Vend for free.
- Regardless of the hardware that you’re using, the system appears the same on the front end.
To manage a large inventory and amount of customers on festival days, you have to pick the most suitable holiday POS for your store. So give us a call immediately to get the best advice and have a free trial on ConnectPOS.