In the previous article, we have learned what a mobile POS is and how it benefits retailers. And if you are amazed by the huge benefits of a mobile POS and looking for one to optimize your business operation and boost sales performance, this article is for you. In today’s article, we will present you with the top 5 mobile POS in 2020, along with our evaluation and some key features that we find meaningful to your businesses.
ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software that can work well on multiple platforms from desktops to mobile devices like laptops, smartphones, and tablets. Particularly, the ConnectPOS iPad app can work well with Magento, one of the most commonly used e-commerce platforms for POS. It is considered to be one of the best Magento POS apps for iPad. You’re an Android lover? Don’t even worry, ConnectPOS also supports mobile POS through its PWA app that can be installed on your mobile devices or accessed through a web browser, regardless of the operating system.
The ConnectPOS iPad app works fast and stable with the ability to handle large numbers of SKUs (stock-keeping units, basically scannable barcodes) and customers. It makes life easier for business owners and operators like you as you don’t have to waste time and effort setting up the POS system again. All vital data and necessary information are synced from Magento to POS, so you can start selling and supporting customers immediately.
And it only takes you 3 steps to try the ConnectPOS iPad app for free:
- Register for a free trial on the website and set up using the guide provided
- Download ConnectPOS iPad app from the App Store
- Log into your account, connect the device to your POS hardware and start using
- Suitable for all businesses
- Quick check-out process
- Real-time inventory management
- Comprehensive reports
- Offline mode
- Payment integration (PayPal Here, Authorize.Net, iZettle, Moneris, etc.)
- Ship items in one order to different addresses
- Order online directly from the physical store
- Reward points
Square POS provides dedicated solutions for quick-serve businesses like counter service, bars & lounges, coffee shops, bakeries, and food trucks, pop-ups, you name it, thanks to its versatility. Square processing is a good deal for low-volume, low-risk businesses.
All you need to start processing with Square is a phone (Android or iPhone), tablet, or laptop, and a Square credit card reader. If you’re looking for POS hardware that can function more than just a credit card reader, you might want to consider using Square hardware equipment pieces: the Square Terminal or the Square Register. While Square Register has more features, including a customer screen but needs to stay plugged in, Square Terminal is better if you need a handheld mobile reader you can walk around with.
Additionally, Square is famous for its ease-of-use and feature-rich restaurant POS system, and a timely support team.
- Suitable for quick-serve businesses
- No monthly fee and a flat-rate processing rate of 2.6% + $0.10 per transaction
- Free magstripe card reader
- EMV/NFC reader that can be purchased at an affordable price
- Strong analytics
- Curbside pickup
- Per-item sales tracking
- Inventory control
- Table management
Clover POS is suitable for online expansion. Clover can work well on laptops, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices. Moreover, it also integrates with various third-party companies to provide you with additional features, such as email marketing company Mailchimp and e-commerce company Shopify. Additionally, it even offers you with plenty of hardware pieces for your POS system.
Clover has several mobile POS hardware solutions to choose from: Clover Mini, Clover Flex, and Clover Go. The iPad mini-sized Clover Mini is the second most fully-featured Clover POS solution, only after the larger hardwired Clover Station. Bear in mind that neither Clover Go nor Clover Flex is very suitable as a standalone mobile POS if you don’t already use Clover Station or Mini.
Clover has dedicated plans for both counter-service and full-service restaurants. Plus, you can “DIY” a mobile POS system to perfectly fit your distinct needs and demands simply by purchasing apps from Clover’s extensive and varied app store.
- Suitable for small to medium-size restaurants
- In-person processing at 2.7% + $0.10 with Register Lite plan and at 2.3% + $0.10 with Register plan
- Hardware such as receipt printer, barcode scanner, swipe/EMV/NFC reader, etc.
- Customer engagement (contact lists with options for promos, rewards, and private feedback)
- Strong analytics
- Custom floor plans
Lightspeed mobile POS, so-called Retail’s iPad app, is a feature-rich POS system for all business types. By using an iPad with Lightspeed installed, your staff can take payments from the sales floor, show customers product images and descriptions, and reduce waiting times. It can also be used with a desktop computer setup using a web browser.
Lightspeed POS has so many integrations that it is considered to be a very strong and versatile player on the field. As third-party apps can plugin easily, customers can select from numerous extra features to enrich their restaurant POS system, based on their needs and demands.
The company also has a separate iPad POS for restaurants: Lightspeed Restaurant.
- Suitable for all business sizes
- In-house payments processing service (available for US customers only), which takes payments with EMV/NFC at a rate of 2.6% + $0.10.
- Integrated eCommerce
- Advanced reporting
- Payment integration (WorldPay, Cayan, iZettle, Tyro, Worldline, etc.
- Inventory management
- The ability to buy items in bulk and resell them individually
- Employee management
- Customer relationship management
- Multi-store capability
Shopify started as an e-commerce software provider, but it has grown into an all-in-one POS provider thanks to its payment integration service and a powerful POS. Moreover, you can easily upgrade and scale up as your business grows with Shopify POS.
Shopify can work well on any mobile device regardless of operating systems, and it has a variety of pricing plans to choose from. If you sell mostly online, Shopify can be a solid starter option that’s a little more robust than free software. Alternatively, Shopify Lite can also be a good retail POS if you already have a brick-and-mortar store and want to expand your business with e-commerce offerings.
- Suitable for craft fairs, farmer’s markets, and pop-up shop sales
- The processing fee for Shopify Lite is 2.7%, as you upgrade to a larger package, you can get lower fees.
- Limited online selling tools – embeddable buy buttons to sell on your existing blog or website (WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, Tumblr, etc.)
- Unified reporting
- Advanced inventory management
- In-store analytics
- Plenty of POS hardware pieces to purchase
- Optimized check-out process
As a mobile POS helps retailers sell more, and save a lot of time and money, its benefits are so undeniable that many business owners and operators believe that mobile POS is holding the future of the retail industry. We hope that with today’s article, you can have some ideas about building a mobile POS system to innovate your businesses and which POS provider to count on.
We, ConnectPOS, take our pride in being able to offer you one of the best cloud-based POS software for your business’s success. Integrating with Magento, one of the most well-known e-commerce platforms, our mobile POS is feature-rich and works fast and stable. And we are just a few clicks away! Contact us, or try our mobile POS for iPad for FREE now!
ConnectPOS is the retail pos system in the ecosystem, making transactions in physical stores become easy and automatic. It enables consumers to click and collect, synchronize information across platforms and devices and have a seamless shopping experience. It also helps retailers digitalize customer behaviors, track data in real time at customer touchpoints and provide intelligent business recommendations.