Rewarding point is a great method to gain customer loyalty. It is suggested that loyal customers spend 67% more than new ones, which is significantly beneficial to business owners. For Shopify users, the platform offers many great apps to help you facilitate your own rewarding programs for a higher customer retention rate. In the article today, we will list out some of the best Shopify loyalty programs in 2021 for retailers to choose which one works best for their stores.
The list below is not a ranking list and the prices quoted here are subjected to change.
Among the best Shopify loyalty programs, Smile.io is the first one we want to mention on our list because of its plan. Advanced features such as a point-based program and even a referral program are available on all plans, including the free one. Small businesses don’t need to spend a large budget to have their loyalty program properly set up with Smile.io. Therefore, up to 50 million merchants choose this platform for their store, including popular brands like ELF, Topps, or Mpix.
As the top Shopify app, Smile.io is famous for its ease of use. Retailers can launch a charming and customizable rewards program in just a few clicks. Furthermore, the platform does not limit you to only reward your customers after a purchase. Instead, you can give out points for a variety of reasons, including product reviews, account registration, newsletter signup, or social media sharing.
Here are several key features of the Shopify reward point app offered by Smile.io:
- Create urgency with bonus points and points expiration date
- Save abandoned carts and invite customers back with points reminders via emails
- Customers can redeem points in exchange for discount codes and free gifts
- 24/7 email and online customer support
- Access to hundreds of helpful resources to boost program success free of charge
Marsello is among the best Shopify loyalty programs. Not only rewarding points, but it also provides data-driven automation, email, and SMS to deliver a smart, targeted marketing strategy to your new and existing customers.
In our opinion, this is a very affordable app. Marsello is free to install on Shopify which includes almost every basic feature a loyalty program can ask for, including reward points and redeem awards, pop-up messages about the points throughout the customer journey, emails to remind customers of their points, and many more.
Here are several key features of Marcello:
- Equip businesses with reward and referral programs
- Update new versions frequently with flexible incentives and customizable tools
- Reward base on a variety of purposes (when referring a friend or family, giving emails, newsletter signup, etc)
- Support multiple languages
Besides the free loyalty programs on the platform, ConnectPOS also provides customers with loyalty programs that aim to take good care and retain loyal customers by using integrated loyalty extensions.
Yotpo is the new name for Swell, one of the best Shopify loyalty programs ever since its establishment in 2011. The app allows you to reward numerous actions and is not limited to after-purchase rewards only.
Yotpo has a free plan consisting of reward campaigns, a referral program, and an email capture for you to use until you hit 100 orders monthly. Once going over that limit, the platform will force you to upgrade to the $29/month plan which provides extra features. The most advanced version of Yotpo is the $249/month plan for stores with 1200 orders every month which have built-in email marketing extensions, and easy-to-use reward page templates.
However, for small businesses, its free plan is more than enough. Yotpo takes pride in offering many great features within its free plan, consisting of 14 reward campaigns (for creating an account, social follow, goal spend), a powerful and customizable referral program, multiple points’ redemption options, and reward popup messages.
Here are several key features of Yotpo:
- Reward loyal customers with points on multiple occasions – purchases, signup, reviews, social media share, birthdays, etc
- Encourage repeat purchases with points’ redemption options for customers to choose from, including free shipping, free samples, coupons
- Build a referral program – give out points or promotional codes when customers spread the word
- 24/7 support via live chat, email, and phone call
In our list of the best Shopify loyalty programs today, Growave is the app that offers the most features along with rewarding points, and free of charge. The app includes wishlists, Instagram galleries, reviews, and social login – features that merchants normally have to install separate apps are now gathered here in one place.
Growave is a great choice for small businesses when their free plan offers all the necessary features a loyalty program should have, including giving points to shoppers for various actions they take on the website, setting up popup messages, or sending marketing emails to remind customers of their points.
The Starter plan provides more nice-to-have attributes for a store such as social login, automated emails, wish lists. The Growth plan ($99/month) is embedded with advanced features that link customs action in rewards, Omnisend, Klaviyo, custom fields in reviews, or integration manager.
Here are several key features of Growave:
- Increase repeat purchases with points rewarding
- Boost engagement using convertible loyalty points
- Create VIP treatment for customers
- Build trust with strong social proof
Through this article, we have come up with the best Shopify loyalty program for online stores. We have done the hard work including experimenting and digging to gather this useful information for you. All you have to do is choose wisely which app is ideal for your stores.