As we’re reaching the end of 2020 and 2021 is already around the corner, it’s high time everyone started to plan for a more fruitful year. Besides, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed people’s buying behavior. Customers now tend to care about healthcare products more, rapidly increasing the demand for supplements & nutrition. And this trend shows no sign of slowing down in 2021. With such an upsurge in demands, supplements & nutrition suppliers need an extra helping hand to ensure proper business operations. And a POS system for supplements & nutrition appears to be ‘just right’ for this case. In today’s article, we’ll present you with the top 5 picks of POS systems for supplements & nutrition for a promising and prosperous 2023.
ConnectPOS is a leading POS software for omnichannel retail businesses. Its powerful mechanism and plethora of well-functioning features make life so much easier for retailers. Even better, ConnectPOS integrates with multiple popular e-commerce platforms including Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce. And the integration with WooCommerce is expected and worth expecting shortly. This is to ensure a frictionless and secure business operation for merchants. This makes ConnectPOS stand out as a POS system for supplements & nutrition suppliers.
Moreover, this POS solution provider always prides itself on offering such robust POS software at a fraction of the price. The pricing plans, provided right on the website, are simple and straightforward with no hidden fees. Retailers can start with the Standard plan at US$49 per month if you pay monthly or US$39 if you pay annually. This plan still ensures essential features for businesses without them needing to invest a huge amount upfront. Even better, merchants can also customize their own POS as ConnectPOS also offers the Custom plan. With that, you can “DIY” your own POS system that suits both your needs and your pocket.
Key features that make ConnectPOS a great POS system for supplements & nutrition:
- Mobile POS. The ConnectPOS iPad app can work well with the ability to handle a large number of SKUs and customers at once. You’re an Android lover? ConnectPOS also supports mobile POS through its PWA app which can be installed on your mobile devices or accessed through a web browser, regardless of the operating system.
- PWA consumer app. ConnectPOS PWA consumer app is easy to access by a QR code. Being the hybrid of a regular website and its mobile app, PWA has inherited the good traits of both a website and a native app. It loads faster, requires updates less frequently, is less expensive than a native app while being able to reach a large number of users just like a website.
- Product management
- Easily add, edit or remove products in your POS system
- Support all product types
- Search products quickly by name, ID, SKU, or barcode
- Assign existing barcodes to products and print labels
- Payment integration. ConnectPOS partners with various popular, transparent payment gateways such as Paypal, Authorize.Net, iZettle, Moneris, etc.
Shopify started as an e-commerce platform, and it’s still going strong being so. Additionally, the company has expanded its business to selling POS as well. Shopify POS is famous for its diverse features covering almost all aspects of a business operation like the check-out process, payments, staff management, customer management, and marketing. Being a leading e-commerce platform itself, Shopify POS users can utilize all of the benefits brought about by the integration of POS and e-commerce. Thus, it’s totally possible to say that this is an outstanding POS system for supplements & nutrition to rely on in 2021.
There are 3 pricing plans for retailers to choose from: Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify. You can start at US$29 per month with some features and have more as you upgrade your plan.
Key features worth mentioning:
- Mobile POS. Shopify POS is switching from Shopify POS Classic to the all-new Shopify POS. The all-new Shopify POS has many new attractive app features, even though it supports iOS only. More specifically, your device needs to be an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11.2 or higher for switching to the new Shopify POS. Meanwhile, the Shopify POS Classic app is compatible with both iOS and Android.
- Inventory management
- Set up inventory tracking
- Assign inventory to a location
- Changing inventory quantities
- View a product’s inventory history
- Export or import inventory with a CSV file
- Transfer stock between locations
- Payment integration. Shopify builds its own payment processing system so-called Shopify Payments. It gets rid of the hassle of finding and setting up a third-party payment provider. However, if you wish to have integration with third parties, then you can choose from over 100 credit card payment providers for your Shopify store. However, there are additional fees each time a buyer makes a purchase using a third-party provider.
- Robust analytics and reports. Some to mention are:
- Finances reports (including taxes and payments)
- Product analytics
- Acquisition reports
- Inventory reports
- Behavior reports
- Marketing reports
- Sales reports
Being on the list as a favorable POS system for supplements & nutrition, Vend POS is a cloud-based POS system that promises to help streamline operations, boost efficiency, and get the job done faster. Vend is partnering with 3 common e-commerce third-party companies which are WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Shopify. With that being so, Vend POS’s users can easily create a website, sync their products with the e-commerce inventory, and start selling to customers all around the world.
Merchants can consider among 3 plans that Vend POS offers including Lite at US$99, Pro at US$129, or get a quote of the Enterprise plan.
Key features supporting supplements & nutrition retailers:
- Mobile POS. Vend mobile POS works well on both iOS-based and Android-based devices. With Vend mobile POS, merchants can
- Sell on-the-go. A mobile POS helps engage and convert customers from anywhere in the store instead of being tied to the cash register.
- Manage remotely. Get updates of sales and staff performance in real-time from anywhere, at any time, and on any device.
- Easy to set up. With such user-friendly POS software and a straightforward interface, retailers don’t need to spend too much time and effort preparing for their business.
- Payment integration. Vend POS offers retailers integration with various common payment processors, including BlueDog, Card Connect, Chase, EVO Payments, Paypal, Worldpay, etc.
- Inventory management
- Flawless multi-location, multi-warehouse, and multi-channel inventory management
- Centralized inventory management
- Diverse add-ons to extend Vend POS to suit your business
- Proper inventory count by conducting partial and full inventory counts
- Customer loyalty. Vend Loyalty is powerful, flexible, and easy to use. New customers can automatically be added to the program, or you can incentivize them to join by inviting them to sign up via email.
Lightspeed Retail POS
Lightspeed is a cloud-based POS system that is extremely famous for its “library” of integrations as business owners can find any type of integrations in Lightspeed POS. This POS is suitable for retailers in different industries, and of course, it makes into the list as a marvelous POS system for supplements & nutrition. Additionally, this POS is partnering with third parties to integrate with leading e-commerce platforms. For example, Accumula unites Lightspeed with platforms like Shopify/Plus and Magento 2, and Kosmos syncs Lightspeed and BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and X-Cart.
Lightspeed Retail POS is diverse in terms of pricing plans as there are 5 plans offered in total: Basic, Starter, Standard, Advanced, and Pro. You can start at US$69 per month. The higher you upgrade your plan, the more attractive benefits you can get from Lightspeed Retail POS.
- Mobile POS. Lightspeed Retail mobile POS is a cloud-based POS software that can run well on both Android and iOS. With that being so, business owners and operators can easily:
- Get real-time data anytime, anywhere
- Secure your data even when the hardware is damaged
- Upgrade your system with various integrations
- Integrate payments
- Inventory management. Retailers can add all their products to the system to manage their inventory from one place. Product filters will facilitate searches within your online store. Additionally, with Lightspeed Retail POS, you can deal with returns right in the system so your inventory count is always accurate.
- Omnichannel customer loyalty
- Create a tier-based program
- Choose to send a promotion to customers who bought online, in-store, or everyone
- Send custom one-time deals on birthdays or to VIP
- Customize loyalty emails with the built-in templates and drag-and-drop builder
- Payment integration. Other than payment integration with third-party payment providers, there is also an independent payment processing system developed by Lightspeed so-called Lightspeed Payments. However, Lightspeed Payments is available in the US and Canada only. Thus, if you’re running your business in other regions, you still need to check-out payment gateways integrated with the POS.
Erply POS is one of the few providers to offer dedicated tools for franchise-model businesses. As there are just a few POS solution providers for franchises, a POS system that supports retail franchises like Erply is desired. With its franchise plan, franchise owners will be able to set security permissions which determine what level of access managers have within each franchised business. Erply integrates with Magento and Shopify to optimize its inventory management and e-commerce feature. So this is an extra point for Erply as a POS system for supplements & nutrition.
If you’re a small business with no inventory, you can start with the Point of Sale plan at US$29 per month, or save 20% if you pay annually. The other 2 plans, Inventory for E-commerce and Inventory + Retail POS, offer more robust features. And if you’re a franchiser, you can contact Erply to get the quote for the Franchise & Chain plan.
- Payment solutions. Like many POS solution providers, Erply POS also has its own payment processing system. Erply POS promises its users to help save their money yet still ensure secure transactions:
- Competitive payment rates
- Fraud-protecting hardware
- Fewer chargebacks
- Minimized data entry mistakes
- Fully integrated payments system
- Newest contactless technologies like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and NFC.
- Fully customizable reports. Erply’s reporting tools cover anything that business owners and operators need to know. They can totally create a specific report or pull extremely detailed information on themselves easily. Erply’s custom report generator makes it easy to view important retail data without displaying an overwhelming amount of information.
- Powerful inventory management that comes with meaningful functionalities like:
- Product information management
- Inventory transfers
- Matrix products
- Supplier management
- Inventory registrations & write-offs
- Stock replenishment reports
ConnectPOS – where the best is better!
There have been the top 5 POS systems for supplements & nutrition for 2023: ConnectPOS, Shopify POS, Vend POS, Lightspeed Retail POS, and Erply POS. But which one to rely on? If that’s the question you have in mind right now, why don’t you take a look at our suggestion?ConnectPOS, a leading POS software for omnichannel retail, is constantly working to become the closest to what businesses expect in an outstanding POS system. The POS is feature-rich, up-to-date, and well-functioning. Book your 14-day free trial below to immediately experience a world-class POS solution for businesses of all sizes and all types. Should have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact now!