Magento web APIs are the most convenient and easy way to communicate with the latest technological world. With the help of Magento web APIs, loads of tedious tasks related to this application are simplified and approachable. Consequently, more and more retail businesses choose to adopt Magento web API with the aim of preventing possible unexpected problems in the future.
In this article, we would like to introduce a Magento tutorial in order to help businesses getting started with Magento Web APIs.
What are Magento Web APIs?
Magento web API refers to a type of framework, which supports integrators and developers to make use of web services that greatly communicate with the Magento system.
Highlight features of Magento Web APIs
Magento Web APIs are design with an array of powerful features facilitating retailers, some of which could be:
- Magento APIs can significantly assist noth Representational State Transfer (RST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Magento APIs provide three authentication methods
- OAuth 1.0a is used to authenticate applications provided by third parties.
- tokens is used to authenticate mobile applications
- login credentials is used to authenticate administrators and customers
- Users are able to configure every service from both Magento and other third party suppliers as web APIs just by using some lines of xml.
- Magento helps users conserve mobile bandwidth by assisting in filtering web API responses.
How Magento Web APIs benefit retailers?
- APIs enable retail businesses to create traditional shopping apps which can be downloaded on mobile devices.
- Retailers can also integrate APIs with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, for example NetSuite or Salesforce.
How to set up Magento Web APIs?
If you have considered getting started with Magento Web APIs, this Magento tutorial for beginners will greatly help you. The very first and foremost step is that you have to go to Magento Admin and register a web service.
Create a web service
- If businesses adopt tokens for authenticating applications, you can create your web services users by clicking System, then click Permission and then select All Users. Then choose Add New User.
- For businesses utilizing OAuth 1.0a or session-based authentication, you are not required to create the new user.
Create a new integration
In this stage, you should go to the Magento Admin and start creating an integration. First you choose System, then click Extensions. Afterward, select Extensions then Integration and finish this step by choosing Add New.
Finally, businesses have to use either a REST or a SOAP client to configure authentication.
Magento has been supporting many retailers by providing them helpful features to develop their businesses in the recent market and make the most of their profit. We hope that with the help of this tutorial for beginners, new retailers can easily and quickly set up Magento and enable web services.
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!