Omnichannel is taking over.
According to the research by Fluent on Marketing Land, 62% of consumers who engage with their favorite brands on 10 or more channels make weekly purchases. Time by time, the customer now is demanding higher personalized experience since they can interact with brands on multiple devices and channels. As a retailer, it’s your time to dive deep into omnichannel commerce and its trends to become more effective and efficient in satisfying the customer’s expectations and grow your business.
So, what is omnichannel?
Hubspot defines is is “the ability to deliver a seamless and consistent experience across channels while factoring in the different devices that consumers are using to interact with your business.”
While Google defines it as: “ensuring [retailer] marketing strategies are geared toward enabling customers to convert on any channel.”
In short, Omnichannel is a cross-channel strategy that the brands can adopt to create a seamless shopping experience as well as drive a better customer relationship no matter how or what channel the customer reaches out.
20+ essential statistics about the omnichannel and its trends
Your customers need it!
- Among 46,000 shoppers were surveyed, 73% use multiple channels during their shopping journey. (Source: Harvard Business Review)
- 90% of internet users have a poor experience when looking for customer support on mobile devices. (Source: Software advice)
- 98% of Americans switch between devices on the same day. (Source: Google Research)
- 87% of customers expect brands should focus more on creating a seamless experience. (Source: Zendesk)
- 71% of in-store customers who use smartphones to research during their shopping journey say their device plays a more important role in their in-store experience. (Source: Google)
- 82% of shoppers report they consult their smartphones when shopping in-store. (Source: Google)
- 50% of customers expect that they can make a purchase online and pick up in-store. (Source: Forrester)
- 56% of shoppers say they use their phone to research products at home before going to any store when 34% is the percentage who research while in a store. (Source: Forrester)
Your competitor is doing it!
- 75% of retailers agree that omnichannel is an important part of their business strategy. (Source: eTail West)
- 42% of brands spent 26-50% of their marketing budget on omnichannel strategy. (Source: Iterable)
- 51% of firms use at least eight channels to interact with their customers. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
- 87% of retailers consider an omnichannel marketing strategy is critical or very important to their success. (Source: Brightpearl)
It’s still your opportunity!
- 55% of companies admit they have no cross-channel marketing strategy yet. (Source: The CMO Club)
- From 100 German, 70% Austrian and Swiss decision-makers rate an omnichannel strategy as insufficient, while 80% have no initiatives to create a better shopping journey for their customers. (Source: Roland Berger)
- 71% of shoppers rate the ability to view inventory information for in-store products as important or very important. (Source: Forrester)
- 78% of holiday shoppers who visited a store turned to online search before going into a store (Source: Google)
- Omnichannel consumers achieve a 30% higher lifetime value than those who only use one channel. (Source: Google)
- Businesses with omnichannel strategies have a 91% greater year-over-year customer retention rates than those businesses that don’t. (Source: Aspect Software)
- Adapt a strong omnichannel customer engagement gives the business a 9.5% year-over-year increase in annual revenue, compared to 3.4% with weak omnichannel companies. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
- Shoppers who interact with customer-generated content such as online reviews, opinions, etc are 97% more likely to convert with a retailer than those who do not (Source: Business Insider)
- The rate of customer satisfaction is 23x higher for companies with omnichannel strategies (Source: MarTech Advisor)
- Strong omnichannel companies achieve a 7.5% year-over-year decrease in cost per contact, compared to a 0.2% year-over-year decrease for weak companies (Source: Aberdeen Group)
If you want to get more advantages by combining the online and offline channels to create a seamless shopping journey, don’t hesitate to check out this leading omnichannel solution for retail.