User Roles & Permissions
In ConnectPOS, you can create different roles, customize their permissions and assign to your users. Typically, there are 3 roles: the admin, the manager and the cashier. By default, the shop owner will take the admin role and will have full access to the account.
Below are some recommended settings for typical user roles for you to consider:
The cashier is normally assigned to your non-management staff. They are able to do things like make sales, open and close the register but are restricted from management functions such as adding and removing users.
The manager user level represents the person in charge at one outlet. The Manager user is able to do everything a cashier can; besides, they have access to their assigned store’s reporting.
The admin user level is intended for the store owner or the head office account. As an admin user you will have full access to view & change all stores within your account. If you’d like more than one person to have full permissions it is possible to assign other users the admin role.
Create a User Role
To create a user role:
- In your Admin area, go to User Management > Role
- Click “Add a new role”
- Enter the role name, i.e. Cashier
- Click Confirm and the new role will appear on your screen
In this Role area, you can also view and manage all the roles. Only the accounts with permissions to add, edit and delete roles can do so.
Edit a User Role
Next to the right of the role, you will find 3 buttons:
- Edit Permission: To set and view permissions of the role. Check out the detailed instruction for assigning permissions for a role below.
- Edit Role: To edit the name of the role. Upon click, a pop-up will appear for you to change the name and confirm it.
- Delete: To delete the role. Upon click, a pop-up will appear for you to confirm.
Set Permissions for a User Role
To set permissions for a user role:
- Click Edit Permission of the role
- The role permission screen will appear. There are different tabs along the top of the page so make sure you’ve gone through and checked them all carefully.
- Click Save All to confirm the role permission settings
In this User area, you can also view and manage all your user accounts. Only the accounts with permissions to add, edit and delete user accounts can do so.
Create a user account
To create a user account:
- In your Account page, go to User Management > User
- Click “Add a new user”
- Fill in the required information and assign a role to the user
- Please remember to enable the user
- Click “Save”
- The user accounts you’ve created in Magento will NOT be synced to ConnectPOS because Magento user settings can’t give you the flexibility to create and assign permissions in POS. Therefore, you need to create user accounts in ConnectPOS separately from Magento.
- The number of staff accounts is not limited but the number of active users is determined by your pricing plan. For more information, go to our Pricing page.
Edit a user account
To edit a user account:
- In your Account page, go to User Management > User. You will find the list of your users here.
- To edit an account, click Edit. After finishing editing, click Save.
- To delete an account, click Delete. A pop-up window will appear for you to confirm this action.|
Assign a user to an outlet
After successfully creating an user, you can go to your store settings in POS and assign the user to an outlet.
To assign a user to an outlet:
- From the sidebar menu of your Sell Screen, go to Settings > POS Settings > Outlet & Register
- Click to choose the store you want
- In Cashier field, choose the user(s) you want to assign to that store
- Click Save