Outlet & Register
What is an outlet?
An outlet equals to a store view in Magento, helping you to manage your stock and track your sales effectively.
Create an outlet
To create an outlet:
- Login to your admin account and click ConnectPOS. Or you can access to your Sell Screen directly HERE
- From the sidebar, go to Settings > POS Settings > Outlet & Register
- Click New Outlet & fill in all the required information
- Outlet Name is used to distinguish with other outlets in reporting afterward
- Outlet Status: only enabled outlet can be chosen on Outlet Selection screen after logging in
- Tax Calculation: choose “Magento” if you want the taxes in ConnectPOS to follow Magento settings and choose Outlet if you want they are calculated based on the outlet address. You don’t have to create many websites in Magento to have different tax rates in each outlet.
- Paper Receipt’s Template: select one from the list of receipt’s templates for outlet’s order receipts. You can create a new receipt template or edit the current one in Receipt area.
- Store View: choose one of your Magento store view, from which ConnectPOS will pull data to this outlet
- Allow Guest Customer: choose “Yes” to allow creating orders for non-register customers (in your Magento).
- Cashier: assign your users to this outlet. Users will see the outlet(s) they are assigned to on their Outlet Selection screen. To create a new user and assign a role, go to your Account page > User Management.
- Click “Create New” button
Note: The users are NOT synced from Magento so you will need to create user accounts in Account page for ConnectPOS. When you create your first outlet, you may haven’t had any cashier yet, so you can assign yourself as the cashier and change this information later.
How can I change the store view of an outlet?
To change the store view assigned to the outlet:
- In your Sell Screen, go to Settings > POS Settings > Outlet & Register
- Select the outlet you want to change its store view
- In Store View, select a new store view
- Click “Save”
- Go back to your Sell Screen and click Flush Cache so the assets of the new store view can be applied to the outlet.
Each outlet must have at least one enabled register. Since a register is tied to a specific outlet, you can only create a register after creating the outlet.
To create a register:
- Go to Settings > POS Settings > Outlet & Register
- Select an existing outlet and click “Add Register”
- Fill in the required information
- Register Name is used to distinguish with other ones in the reports.
- Register Status: only enabled register can be chosen on Outlet Selection screen after logging in.
Note: To delete a register, click on the register you want to remove. From there, click “Delete” button. Deleting a register cannot be undone.